Embedded Systems 101(ES101) – Starter Kit
This kit walks you through the basics of embedded systems using Arduino Uno. The kit includes the most common and useful components and a fully-illustrated guide designed to get you started with your journey and interesting discovery of the embedded world.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for beginner ages 12 and up.
- Exercise 1: Let there be light!
– The “Hello World” of microcontroller programming.
– Coding and uploading your first Arduino sketch.
– Getting to know more about the LED.
- Exercise 2: Blink an LED
– Reusing codes.
– Toggling an output pin and creating delays.
– A bit about PWM.
- Exercise 3: Switch
– Designing the simplest form of reactive system.
– A bit about conditional statements and logic operations.
- Exercise 4: Play a Melody
– Using Arduino’s tone() function to generate notes of specific frequency and duration to play a melody.
– Creating a header file.
– A bit about amplifier.
- Exercise 5: RGB LEDs
– Using RGB or tri-color LED.
- Exercise 6: Night Light
– Designing a night light which automatically turns on when it gets dark and turns off when it senses light.
– A bit about voltage divider.
- Exercise 7: Digital Thermometer
– Designing a simple digital thermometer.
– A bit about temperature sensors.
- 1 x Fully Illustrated and Strategically Sequenced Project Guide
- 1x Arduino Uno R3 Board
- 1x USB Cable (A to B Male/Male)
- 1x Half-size Breadboard
- 1x Acrylic Mounting Plate
- 4 Pairs of m3 x 12 Plastic Bolts and Nuts
- 4x m3 x 5 Plastic Spacers
- 4x 3M Rubber Feet
- 1x Light-Dependent Resistor (LDR)
- 3x Push Button Switch
- 1x Temperature Sensor (MCP9700)
- 1x NPN Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) (BC548)
- 3x Light Emitting Diode (LED)
- 1x Tri-Color LED
- 1x 0.5W Mini Speaker
- 1x 100Ω ¼ W Resistor
- 3x 150Ω ¼ W Resistors
- 3x 10KΩ ¼ W Resistors
- 15x Jumper Wires (M-M)